- Deep Breathing
- Positive Imagery
- Squeezing a Stress Ball
- Giving Yourself a Hand Massage
- Making a Stress Free Zone to Relax Within
- Spending Time Outdoors in the Sun
- Taking a Quick Walk
- Listening to Your Favorite Song
- Writing Down Your Emotions
- Lighting Scented Candles
- Smelling Citrus or Coffee
- Talking to a Friend
- Cuddling with a Pet
eHealth Challenge Tip: Chew, chew, chew!
It typically takes the stomach 15 to 20 minutes to signal the brain that you’ve had enough food. Savor each bite by eating slowly and allow yourself to hear when you are full. This is an important skill to learn, regardless of where you are in your health journey. Skip second helpings (which could double your caloric intake) by standing away from the food, keeping yourself occupied, and enjoying the company of those around you.